What’s Trending This Month

NBA 2K14

The newest version of Visual Concepts’ basketball video game was released Oct. 1. The game, which is based off of the National Basketball Association (NBA), is currently available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. It will be available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Nov. 15 and Nov. 22, respectively.

Gravity

The new thriller Gravity was released Oct. 4 and stars actors Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) and George Clooney (Argo). Written and produced by Alfonso Cuarón, the science-fiction thriller has been praised by critics  and CHS students. The $100 million movie debuted with a record-breaking $55.6 million. Bullock plays Dr. Ryan Stone, a medical engineer on a shuttle mission with astronaut Matt Kowalsky, played by Clooney. The shuttle is destroyed and leaves Stone and Kowalsky stranded in space.

Drake: Would You Like a Tour

Canadian recording artist Drake is coming to the Verizon Center this Halloween. The tour is based off his third studio album Nothing was the Same. R&B singer Miguel and rapper Future will accompany Drake on tour from October through December. Would You Like a Tour? will visit 39 stadiums and arenas across the US and Canada. The tickets are priced from $79.75 to $109.75.

iPhone 5c/5s

The iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, released Sept. 20, are becoming a common sight in CHS hallways. The 5s, which is only 7.6 millimeters thin, comes in silver, gold and space gray. It features a touch ID fingerprint identity sensor, ultrafast LTE wireless connection, an 8MP iSight camera, iOS 7 and a dual LED flash. The 5c is available in green, blue, yellow, pink and white. The 5c costs $99 for 16GB and $199 for 32GB, a cheaper alternative to the 5 or 5s, which costs $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB.

Bangerz: Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus released her newest album, Bangerz, Oct. 4, collaborating with artists Pharrel Williams, Will.i.am, Britney Spears, Nelly, Ludacris and Big Sean. Two of the album’s singles “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking Ball” were released prior to the album’s debut on June 3 and Aug. 25, respectively.  “Wrecking Ball” has made it to many CHS students’ playlists and was even played in the hallways of CHS on Oct. 4. Cyrus’ music video for “Wrecking Ballbroke the YouTube record for fastest video to reach 100 million views.