Inspirational quotes impact students’ lives

Although some quotes have become so overstated that they are now branded as clichés, others have aged  well, resounding in the minds of their audiences.  Some CHS students incorporate these words of wisdom into their daily lives to guide them through any situation.

“Impossible is nothing.” – junior Rishi Patel

“When something is said to be impossible, it [becomes] a dare or a challenge. This is just motivation to do more and to be better because really anything is possible; ‘impossible is nothing.”

“Live life to the fullest because each day counts.” – senior Eunice Choi

“I feel like a lot of the time you regret not doing something when you had the chance. It’s easier to live life when you’re carefree.”

“You only live once.” – junior Jill Beauregard

“I like [this quote] because it’s short and to the point. I feel like you should live every day like it’s your last because you never know when it might be, and you may have regrets later in life.”

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work very hard.” – freshman Hope Kean

“I [apply this quote in sports teams as well as] in other areas in my life where I may feel like I am not as good or not as smart as those around me. It inspires me to keep on trying and [reminds me] that I may have to work harder than those who are more talented.”

“When you go out for revenge, make sure to dig two graves.” – senior Ryan Horwitz

“This quote reminds people that revenge is a bad thing, and that it can only end in trouble.”

“Black, white, Asian and Hispanic are not races, they are ethnicities. The race is human.” – sophomore Daniel Metherell

“I made up this quote because of the racial stereotypes that some people have.”