Seniors celebrate at senior breakfast

A swarm of hungry teenagers crowded the CHS cafeteria April 25 to share one of their last big moments together as the class of 2014.

The CHS Parent Student Teacher Association (PTSA) runs the annual senior breakfast as a way to commemorate students finishing off their final year of high school.

“It’s a wonderful tradition we started about 15 years ago,” principal Joan Benz said. “PTSA parents have always been so supportive with helping run it.”

The buffet included bagels, muffins, donuts, fruit and a room full of excited seniors.

“I think the real purpose of the senior breakfast is to give students an opportunity to kick off their ‘celebration,’” said Debbie Demske, a senior parent who helped run the event. “We wanted it to feel like a party and for seniors to come in and feel like it could be the first step of a big adventure.”

Before being seated, staff members collected senior superlative votes. After eating, everyone gathered for a panoramic class photo.

According to senior Andrew Zohore, just being with his grade was what made the breakfast fun.

“I like being with all my classmates because we never get the opportunity to be with all of them at the same time,” Zohore said.

Senior Ali Kazemipour enjoyed both the food and the experience.

“It’s bittersweet that the year’s ending,” Kazemipour said. “Four years; it’s been a fun ride.”