Student Snapshot: David Terman

Senior David Terman comes out of a half pipe and ollies as high as he can, grabs his skateboard and comes back onto the ramp. Not many people could even attempt this move, but it is only one of many tricks that Terman can do.
Terman started skateboarding in middle school after seeing his older brother practicing and has skated ever since.
“I try to skateboard every day that I can,” Terman said. “Skateboarding is my all time favorite thing to do and I never get tired of it.”
Terman received a huge honor in the skateboarding world—sponsorship, after sending a video of himself skateboarding to a new clothing company from Chicago called Delega Clothing and they decided to sponsor him.
“Now that I am sponsored, all I have to do is take photos and film videos wearing their products,” Terman said. “I get free clothing and stickers every month.”
Terman has entered several competitions over the years and has gotten second and third place.
“I haven’t gotten first yet,” Terman said. “When I place in contests I usually get a few articles of clothing and some money.”
In addition to skateboarding, Terman has also  filmed skateboarding videos for three years.
“Once I film, I spend hours editing everything together to make a good video,” Terman said.
Many of Terman’s peers who also skateboard believe him to be very talented.
“He is very passionate and serious about skateboarding, but he always looks like he is having fun,” junior Jack Rome said. “He was meant to skate.”
Visit thechurchillobserver.com to see videos of David Terman skateboarding.