Sip-tacular choices: the hottest water bottles at WCHS

There+has+been+a+lot+of+trending+water+bottles+over+the+last+few+years.+Lots+of+WCHS+students+have+participated+in+these+trends+using+popular+brands+of+water+bottles+for+sports+and+school.+
Photo by Cailey Harrington
There has been a lot of trending water bottles over the last few years. Lots of WCHS students have participated in these trends using popular brands of water bottles for sports and school.

Over the past few years, there have been several reusable water bottle trends. The use of reusable water bottles has become more widespread as the awareness of the environmental issues of plastic, single-use water bottles have become more known. These widespread water bottle trends include the Stanley, Hydro flasks, the Owala, the Yeti and the Frank Green. Despite the similarity in function, these five water bottles each have features that make them stand out and have fueled their popularity.

Stanley
The Stanley cup is one of the most popular water cups today. All across social media platforms, the Stanley has been raved about. The most popular model of this cup comes in 20, 30 and 40 ounces and in a wide variety of colors. This cup has a convenient handle and narrow bases, allowing it to fit in a car cup holder, which is one of the reasons it has become so popular. The main attractions of this cup are the aesthetically pleasing look, big size, and option to have a straw lid or transform that same lid into a sip top as well as being insulated. The main criticism of this cup is that it isn’t leakproof and when it gets knocked over, water spills everywhere. There is also a rising popularity in the Stanley water bottles,, which are similar to the cup but have a screw-on water bottle lid with a handle on the top. The Stanley water bottles are also insulated, come in a variety of colors, and are leakproof. The pricing of the Stanley cup is generally between $30 and $45.

Hydro Flask
The Hydro Flask has remained popular over the past few years since it first became a trend around 2019. There are a lot of colors, sizes and styles of this water bottle, and they have recently come out with a similar style to the Stanley. These styles include a cup with a handle and straw, many sizes of a traditional water bottle, and tumblers. One of the notable aspects of the Hydroflask is that it is leakproof and insulated. The water bottle has straw lids and wide-mouth bottles, and the most popular ranges between 24 and 40 ounces, and the price ranges between $40 and $50.

Owala
The Owala is a more recently emerging water bottle trend that many people have probably heard about through TikTok or some social media platform. One of the main reasons it became so popular is that in one lid, there is the option and flexibility between ‘sipping’ through a built-in straw or ‘chugging’ through the opening. The Owala allows many colors in one bottle, with different parts assigned various bright colors. This differs from some of the other bottles that are one solid color.The vibrance of and design of the Owala create a similar simplistic vibe as other popular bottles while still standing out. The Owala has a compilation of very popular water bottle features like a straw lid, wide mouth opening, insulation, color, and a variety of size options. Along with being insulated and coming in all different fun color combinations, the Owala’s main feature that sets it apart is the ‘sip or chug’ lids. The lids are wide mouth openings with built-in straw that take up the front section of the opening. This includes a straw that comes up from the bottom and doesn’t look like a straw from the top. The Owala’s traditional style ranges from 16 to 40 ounces, and the price ranges from $23 to $38.

Yeti
The Yeti, similar to the Hydro Flask, has many different color and size options and straw and sip lids. The time period when Yeti water bottles were trendy was for a far shorter time than other popular water bottles and didn’t gain the same popularity as bottles like the Stanley and Hydroflask. Despite this comparison, the Yeti provides a sleek, colorful, and insulated option. The sizes of the Yeti range from 18 to 64 ounces and the pricing ranges from $30 to $65.

Frank Green
Frank Green water bottles became very popular on TikTok last year from Australian creators. The most popular model of this water bottle is the 34-ounce with a straw lid. However, there are many sizes, styles, and colors of this insulated bottle. The pricing of this water bottle is fairly reasonable; the 34-ounce one is $44.95 and there are many different customization options.