What’s Trending this Month

American Horror Story:

With the third season’s finale in late January, American Horror Story has been garnering  students’ interest.  The first three seasons took place in a haunted murder house, an insane asylum and a witch coven. Seasons One and Two are now streaming on Netflix, with the third season coming later this year and the fourth season coming out in October on FX.

House of Cards:

All 13 episodes of Season 2 of the Netflix-exclusive TV show House of Cards were online on Feb. 14. Ever since the premiere of Season 1, fans have been excitedly anticipating the evil twists and turns that Season 2 would bring.  Many CHS students were guilty of “binge-watching” all thirteen episodes the first day Season 2 came out.

Lorde:

Lorde has taken the CHS nation by storm, following her debut album Pure Heroine in September 2013.  Famous for her hit song “Royals,” which earned her two Grammy awards, Lorde’s music has traveled from her home country of New Zealand to millions of iPhones all over the world.  Lorde is going on her first tour, “Royals,” this March, coming to DC at Echostage on Mar. 7.

“Purple Your Profile”:

According to Chevrolet’s cancer-awareness  campaign, for each person who makes their Facebook or Twitter profile picture purple-tinted using the company’s “Purple your Profile” tool, Chevorlet will donate a dollar to the American Cancer Society.  They have agreed to donate up to $1 million.

Flappy Bird:

Before it was mysteriously deleted, students were flocking to the App Store to download Flappy Bird.  This iPhone App was dominating the charts, sitting on top as the number one most downloaded free application.  The game was simple yet frustrating: players had to constantly tap the screen to navigate a bird for as long as possible as it flies through the air in between green pipes.Although it was addicting, Flappy Bird is now off the App Store.  The creator deleted it, simply stating on his Twitter page, “I can’t take this anymore.”