An uncensored review of Bethesda’s Naked Pizza

Pizza is an Italian-American treat with wonderful flavors that hit as hard as the guilt, making taste buds all over the world rejoice as many arteries complain. The common misconception about pizza seems to be that it can never be healthy; however, thanks to Naked Pizza, cholesterol will no longer rise and people will feel free to consume traditional, feel-good, unhealthy food.

Naked Pizza, which opened up in Bethesda on Del Ray Avenue in late September, is one of 450 restaurants located all over the world. The original restaurant is located in New Orleans, and today there are shops in places ranging from California and New York to Dubai. The franchise quickly rose to fame through its unique platform, which was to make pizza, a deliciously guilty treat, not so guilty.

One of the people who took advantage of the great franchising options was Phil Parsons. He is now the CEO of Naked Pizza in the Washington D.C. area.

“We figured that a healthier version of pizza that is priced the same as other pizza and tastes better would do well in D.C.,” Parsons said.

Naked Pizza offers three different sizes of pizza, five types of crusts and a wide variety of toppings that include Flora (Plants), Fauna (Meat) and Cheese. The original chef also takes the liberty of suggesting some prepared pizzas if a customer does not wish to personalize his or her creation.

According to Naked Pizza’s website, the term “Naked” just stands for natural. This pizza is naked because it has no “freaky chemicals” added to the already fantastic recipe.

“Naked Pizza’s mission was to be part of the solution against the epidemic of obesity,” Parsons said. “The Naked Pizza creator figured what a better way of fighting it than by immersing it with the world’s favorite food that is healthy and good to eat.”

Not only does Naked Pizza give customers peace of mind (pun intended), it’s ultimately the healthier choice. Other than the fact that it is an all-natural pizza, it also has ten grains in each crust, which include oats, brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, teff, spelt, tapioca and two different types of wheat. The pizza also contains probiotics, bacteria that are beneficial to the host organism, which means that they make your tummy feel good. The bacteria is present in fermented foods most people eat every day, including yogurt and soy.

Prices vary depending on sizes and choice of toppings. Naked Pizza’s pricing is similar to other pizza places, so the healthy choice is not more expensive.

Although this Naked Pizza restaurant is not a sit-in restaurant, students can pick up pizzas from 10:30 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday through Thursday and from 10:30 am to 11:00 pm, Friday and Saturday.

If you’re looking for a meal that tastes good, looks good, smells good and is good for you, visit Naked Pizza.

People might think that eating pizza naked is a sin, but after taking a bite of this pizza customers might find themselves in heaven.