CHS junior class to hold silent auction

The junior class is holding its second annual silent auction March 13 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. at the Potomac Community Center.

All of the money earned from this event will go toward helping to fundraise events including prom and senior banquet for the class of 2015.

“I came up with the idea for a Churchill silent auction to benefit our class last year,” junior and SGA secretary Jake Smith said. “It’s a really successful, fun event that has a lot of potential.

According to Smith, donated items and services will both be auctioned off, including autographed Redskins memorabilia and tickets, a season pass to Big Train, themed gift baskets, manicures and pedicures, a chocolate tasting tour, private yoga sessions and SAT tutoring.

“The event was successful last year because of parent support, community donations and the hard work of the class of 2015,” class of 2015 sponsor Christin Nixon said.

Bids must be placed by 7:45 p.m., but bidders do not need to be present in order to receive their prize.

“I’m excited to bid on items I like, knowing that the money is supporting our grade,” junior Shreya Navile said.

A free dinner will be catered from local restaurants Mykonos and Tandoori Nights, and CHS student rock band Liberty Empire will be performing during the event.

“It’s not only a great way to support Churchill, but also a great way to get a good deal,” Nixon said.