It’s that time of Year: the Jingle Ball Concert is Back

Each year, iHeart Radio and Hot 99.5’s Kane Show host Overstock.com’s Christmas concert “Jingle Ball” at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC. This concert consists of a lineup of performances from this year’s top selling artists. This year, the Jingle Ball featured Jason Derulo, Fifth Harmony, Robin Thicke, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Enrique Iglesias, Austin Mahone, and Miley Cyrus.

Though there were no disappointing performances, the show had a few clear crowd favorites.

“Austin Mahone and Flo Rida killed it because they know how to entertain the crowd,” senior Alison Lee said.

Flo Rida not only excited fans by enthusiastically bouncing around stage, he also immersed himself in the crowd and personally interacted with spectators, even picking up a young girl and singing to her half way through his performance. Upon returning to the stage, he also invited a few fans to come dance with him.

Similarly, Austin Mahone was able to get the crowd pumped. Not only did girls fawn over the aspiring heartthrob’s voice, his dancing won them over as well.

“Austin’s dancing was amazing,” Lee said. “He’s definitely the new Justin Bieber, and better because he dances a lot better and can actually sing and has a cleaner image.”

Although they may be an old band, Fall Out Boy has not lost its ability to please a crowd.

“Fall Out Boy was my favorite because they merged their styles of music from old and new songs,” Lee said.

Miley Cyrus, although not as twerked-out as usual, went out with a bang. Her cover of Lana del Rey’s “Summertime Sadness” followed by her single “Adore You” had iPhone flashlights swaying in the air. Then, Miley closed the show with “Wrecking Ball” and bid fans a due with an invitation to her soon-to-come tour “Bangerz.”

Miley definitely left fans happy and wanting more.

“My favorite act was definitely Miley,” senior Lia Sohl said. “Her music is next level and good as she is always so unpredictable.”

Overall, it was a fantastic show, a must-see for next December.