Churchill Takes National Breast Cancer Month

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease.

Every October, CHS fall sports teams come together to celebrate the event. Whether it’s a bake sale, selling T-shirts, or wearing all pink, the CHS community unites each year for the worthy cause.

“I think Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a great way to appreciate those who have to deal with such a sad disease,” junior Jill Kushner said.

CHS students find Breast Cancer Awareness month to be a commendable time of year.

“I think Breast Cancer Awareness Month is good and hopefully helps save lives,” senior Steven Stillwell said.

The National Breast Cancer Foundation started the international health campaign aiming to raise funds for research to find the cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of the disease. The operation also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer.

Many organizations are doing their parts to help ensure that local women have the knowledge and information they need to discover and possibly fight breast cancer.

“We can raise awareness by wearing lots of pink and spreading the word,” Stillwell said. “Also, by getting girls to get tested early.”

While most women are aware of the extremely common disease, many fail take the cautious steps to detect breast cancer in its early stages. The National Breast Cancer Foundation has made incredible progress by still have a long way to go and need your help.