Girls volleyball dominates during perfect season start

The girls volleyball team continued its season Sept. 15 with a 3-0 victory against Watkins Mill HS. The team held its own by leading throughout most of the game and hopes to continue its success throughout the season.

“I think we’re going to do really well this year,” senior captain Paula Dmitriev said. “We have a really good team and a great new coach.”

This season the team hired new coach Cindy Hillard who previously coached at Holy Cross.

During the game, junior Carina Graham and senior Sophie Ettinger led the team by scoring the most points. Sophomore Kaitlyn Hillard also helped by scoring on several serves and assisting for both Graham and Ettinger’s points.

This year the team hopes to bounce back from its disappointing season last year in which it won only three games.

“We have a stronger team than last year and we have a team that could potentially be very good,” Hillard said.

Although the Bulldogs dominated over Watkins Mill, their hardest competition is yet to come.

According to Dmitriev, she is most worried about playing Wootton Nov. 1 and Walter Johnson Oct. 5 because they have strong teams.

“This is the game we can improve upon,” Hillard said, “We will get better over the season.”

CHS faced Whitman Sept. 23.