Club corner: Students prepare for new club

An up-and-coming club for the next school year aims to help CHS students get to know other CHS clubs by rating and writing reports about each club the school offers. Sophomore Parsa Moayeri, founder of Churchill Consumer Report, along with sophomores Ada Lopaczynski, Nikhil Perincherry, and club sponsor Jodi Boppana have been outlining the club’s intentions since the beginning of this year.

“When reviewing clubs, a few important things must be kept in mind: status of [the] club, how clear it is to the students what is going on, [the] number of members and how well the club accomplishes its mission,” Moayeri said. “Overall, it’s more about comparing clubs to each other, rather than giving each club an individual ranking.”

The club revolves around three basic principles: giving students a better idea of what club the school offers, helping to promote those that are not widely known to the public, publishing detailed monthly reports about the featured club for the month, and getting a wholesome view of every club the schools offers by having a strong group of 12 students and officers who research each and make a collaborative report.

“It’ll be refreshing for students to hear reviews from ordinary people, instead of [from] officers trying to advocate their club,” Moayeri said.