Local boutique is alternative for latest styles

If going to the latest boutiques in Georgetown, Bethesda or even a mall do not satisfy your needs, it is time to try Barbie B, a fashion-forward boutique full of new and trendy accessories perfect for prom or even a graduation gift. No matter what the occasion, Barbie B has an assortment of affordable and chic accessories for all ages and genders.

CHS parent Barb Brody, owner of Barbie B, carries handbags such as Big Buddha, Harvey’s, Stephanie Johnson, Sondra Roberts, Urban Expressions and JPK.  As for jewelry, the store offers Liz Palacios, Nakmol, Marcia Moran and Jayden Star.  Household items such as Alora Ambiance, Patrick Meyer Pewter and RuMe reusable bags are available for purchase as well.

“I sell just like a store except I am out of my house,” Brody said.  “Each season, I plan how much I am going to spend and what lines I will carry.  I buy a broad assortment of merchandise and constantly update and change my inventory.  No two seasons are ever the same and that is what makes the business so exciting.”

According to Brody, selling accessories came naturally to her.  After working a full-time job for many years, she wanted to do something that allowed her to be home with her family and do something she truly loves.
Brody makes sure to cater to both gender needs as well.

According to Brody, the most exciting products she has this year is an assortment of items for men and avid sports fans.  The company carrying the selection, called Tokens and Icons, takes authentic hockey jerseys and pucks, golf clubs and baseball bats and makes them into bottle openers, wallets, cuff links and pens.

CHS parent Wendy Wilson loves to shop at Barbie B’s because it is so convenient and is stocked with great products.

“The store offers stylish products, and I can always find a great gift for everyone of all ages and different tastes,” Wilson said.

Students can check out the website www. shopbarbieb.com for more information.

“My business incorporates unique and trendy handbags, accessories, costume jewelry and more,” Brody said. “It is a changing business that takes advantage of capitalizing on the latest trends at affordable prices.”