Viewers fall in love with inspirational, feel-good website

Done with your homework at a surprisingly early hour on a week day? Look no further, weheartit.com has come to the rescue. Weheartit.com is a website that encourages its viewers to post and “heart” (view) motivating pictures and quotes, in order to inspire people all over the world. The website requires only a computer and an Internet connection, but please be warned that time goes by unpredictably fast while browsing through the beautiful pictures and quotes that are abundantly stocked on this website.
There is so much room for photographers, but aspiring poets also have their fair share of space on the site. There are different corners of the site, meant for pictures with certain tags, usually separating what viewers want to see.  
Weheartit.com was founded in 2008 and has since been a hit in countries all over the world, including Brazil, Italy, Colombia, Mexico and the US. Not only does the site provide a unique pastime of looking at pictures and at inspiring quotes, but both the photographs and the quotes can help teenagers deal with first loves, heartbreak, depression and obsessions.
Many students at CHS, including sophomore Shannon Lavery, fell in love with the vibrant colors of the photographs,
“[My favorite part] about the site is looking at all the pictures with the quotes incorporated into them,” Lavery said.
It is true that the quotes fit in flawlessly with the pictures, but both the pictures and the quotes have the ability to stand out from each other. Most pictures include people or items of clothing with quotes or sayings on them. Other pictures have random items with the intent to inspire fellow photographers.
The site has pictures for everyone ranging from the typical love story, to break-up pictures and quotes. These pictures are so fantastic because everyone can make a connection to them. The wide variety allows everyone to enjoy them because there is always something that relates to vewiwers situations.
According to site co-founder and creator, Fabio Giolito, the idea to create weheartit.com came randomly after he realized that he loved being inspired by others.
“I used to keep an inspiration folder on my computer,” Giolito said. “But it wasn’t very organized or easy to find what I was looking for. I also wanted to show my friends images but there wasn’t a simple way, so I created the site for me and my friends. It started growing from there and here we are.”
This site was intended to extend inspiration from one continent to another. Now people all over the world inspire each other by sharing images and ideas in one simple form of expression. Whether people share quotes or pictures, each upload makes the site brighter and more fun to look at.
It is fair to say that there is no specific reason to go on the site, but when moods are down and it is cold and rainy outside, it’s the perfect way to lose track of time.
“I go on the site multiple times a day and the pictures that apply to me I’ll download, or I get the ones that I see and think, ‘Yeah that’s me!’ They just have really cool pictures.”