The ‘Observer’s Picks for Best Team Uniforms

Photo Courtesy of Eleni Triantis

The girls varsity soccer blue away uniforms are the Observers pick for the best fall team uniform.

By Jake Herman, Public Relations Manager

Spring
Best Uniform: Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Best Look: Green Alternate
The boys lacrosse team had several postseason appearances this season, meaning the return of the team’s green alternate jerseys usually seen in some of the team’s biggest games and worn during the state championship last year.
“The new look makes us feel like we have to live up to a certain standard,” sophomore Calvin Piker
said. “It sets the tone for us every game to get our heads focused.”

Winter
Best Uniform: Varsity (I) Hockey
Best Look: Primary White Uniform
The Varsity (I) Hockey team didn’t just win the state championship, they won in style. The white
uniforms, which cost extra money for the players
due to hockey being a club sport, are a masterpiece. Featuring a Bulldog with a hockey stick and sets of three widespread and well-placed stripes, the uniform manages to be busy, yet easy on the eyes.
“It has a classic color scheme but a modern logo,” senior Phil Satin said. “We are proud of our history, but it’s all about our future.”

Fall
Best Uniform: Girls’ Varsity Soccer
Best Look: Blue Away Jersey
Sometimes, less is more, and the girls soccer Nike away kit illustrates this principle. The look starts with a tritional CHS royal blue jersey, but with a couple of twists, including a new team crest. In lieu of having “Churchill” spelled out across the top, these feature a simple white ‘C.’ This ‘C’ is seen again on the fronts of the team’s green shorts, which contrast nicely with blue socks.
“If we look good, we feel good,” sophomore defender Bergan Babrowicz said. “The new uniforms are more comfortable and better-designed.”