Athlete of the Month: Cameron Mosheydi

He has already scored nine goals and contributed six assists—and that’s just through the first five games of the season. With this strong start, senior captain Cameron Mosheydi is in a position to lead the boys lacrosse team to an incredible season.

“This year our team has higher expectations than we have ever had before,” Cameron said. “We understand that if we work to get there, we have the ability to make a run late in the season.”

This positive attitude has helped Cameron transform into the athlete he is today. In second grade, he reluctantly joined a neighbor’s recreational lacrosse team with his brother and has been playing the sport ever since.

“My favorite aspect of lacrosse has to be the competitiveness that comes with the fast-paced nature of the game,” Cameron said. “I love the way everything works together and the importance of the entire team for success.”

Not only does Cameron love the game, his teammates have recognized his dedication to performing at a high level.

“We are most proud of the fact that Cameron has been a two-time captain for the lacrosse team,” his mom Kristen Mosheydi said. “This tells us that he is respected and seen as a leader by his coaches and teammates.”

CHS varsity assistant lacrosse coach Wayne Olan agrees.

“Besides his skill level, what makes him a great captain is his leadership by example on and off the field,” Olan said. “He is one of the hardest working players in practice as well as games.”

Cameron did not get to compete during his junior year season due to an elbow injury, but this setback has not held Mosheydi back from following his passion.

“I haven’t decided where I will be going to college,” Cameron said. “Wherever I go, though, I hope I continue to play lacrosse.”

In addition to the CHS varsity team, Cameron also plays lacrosse for his travel club teams.

“For the past few off-seasons I have played for Performance Lacrosse Club and Madlax Lacrosse,” Cameron said. “The off-season is very important for any lacrosse player who hopes to play at a high level.”

In the past, Cameron has also played on the CHS basketball team. However, he did not try out for the basketball team this year.

“I decided not to play basketball this year so I could focus on getting prepared and staying healthy for lacrosse,” Cameron said.

While Cameron might have hit a few bumps and setbacks along the way, his heart-felt dedication and passion for the game clearly set him apart from the group.

“There are a lot of words I could use to describe Cameron: tenacious, blessed, or gifted,” Olan said.  “But I think the best word is special. It describes Cam on the field and off.  It includes not just his athleticism, but also the type of brother and leader he is. Players like him don’t come around very often. It’s been a privilege to coach him.”