Churchill’s Got Talent

From singing and dancing to rapping and playing instruments, there is no doubt that CHS students have a wide array of talents. Students will get the chance to showcase their various skills in CHS’ annual talent show, Churchill’s Got Talent.

Auditions for Churchill’s Got Talent were held in the band room Nov. 19 and 20. Those who make the cut will be showing off their special interests in front of the rest of the school in the auditorium Jan. 30.

Sophomore Sahara Mokhtari auditioned for her talent of singing.

“My favorite part of singing is the feeling of adrenaline and excitement that rushes through my body right before I go on stage, and then the tranquility I feel while performing,” Mokhtari said.

Senior Isabella Bruno also auditioned for singing. She has been singing as long as she can remember, and is excited to perform and have people enjoy listening to her.

“I like that I am able to make music with my voice,” Bruno said.

Sophomore Ben Wilson auditioned for Churchill’s Got Talent to showcase his guitar playing and singing. Inspired by the band Green Day, he started taking guitar lessons in fifth grade, and since then has picked up bass guitar, drums, piano and singing. His favorite thing about music is that it creates an opportunity to meet new friends and start up a conversation.

According to Wilson, he is looking forward to “getting noticed” and gaining experience performing on stage.

Students trying out for Churchill’s Got Talent have many aspirations and hopes for the show. Some have more specific goals, while some are just excited for the show itself.

“I hope that performing in the show will help with finding people to start a band with,” Wilson said.

According to Bruno, she is most excited for the “general experience of performing.”

“I am most looking forward to performing on stage,” Mokhtari said. “My only goal is to enjoy being a part of such a great event, and going through a new experience.”