Morning routines shorten with stick-on makeup

After countless mornings of having to get up 20 minutes early to put on makeup, new single-use instant makeup applicators turn those 20 minutes into five.
Products such as ColorOn Professional Instant Eyeshadow Kits and Violent Lips Temporary Lip Appliqués offer faster and safer alternatives than using and reusing multiple applicators and products that can result in infections.
 “People are more aware of hygiene as a whole,” said Kelly Owens, partner and editorial director of Alchemy Communications Group, which represents ColorOn Professional. “Makeup is a breeding ground for bacteria.”
ColorOn offers eye shadow from everyday natural shades to classic smoky eye to exciting and bold animal prints and holiday-themed eye shadows.
According to Owens, the creator, Irina Iosilevich, worked in her kitchen for years to perfect the eye shadow.
The eye shadows are hypoallergenic and waterproof with a built-in primer to stop smudging.
“It would probably take about 15 to 20 minutes to do both eyes without the instant eye shadow,” Owens said. “With them, it takes under a minute.”
According to Owens, the technology that Iosilevich patented can be used for many other products.
Violent Lips, another product that has recently hit the market, are temporary lip tattoos that come in a variety of fun, bold colors and patterns.
“My sister and I were playing around with the temporary tattoos and thought why not test to see if they stick on your lips?” said Isabella Haddad, co-creator of Violent Lips.
According to Haddad, she and her father worked for a year on how to create Violent Lips so that they could be applied and would stay on like regular lip wear.
Violent Lips are applied like regular temporary tattoos; they can be cut on pre-dotted lines to adjust to the lips shape. Then they are applied with water and a cotton ball.
“Violent Lips is a creative and fun way to make a bold move at an event or anywhere you plan on wearing them,” Haddad said.
The patterns range from flags, polka dots, words, animal prints and denim. Recently, a new Glitterati collection offers more neutral colors.
“I decided to put out the craziest patterns first to make a loud statement,” Haddad said.
Students who have to deal with early mornings are excited about the idea of less morning preparation.
 “I think this would make one’s daily makeup routine shorter in the future because it simplifies makeup,” junior Sarah Eisler said.
Although these new stick on makeups are just hitting stores, other smart makeups have been around for quite a while. Smart Shade Almay Makeup has smart shade technology and can match many different skin tones.
“I have tried Smart Shade Almay makeup, and it worked surprisingly well,” Eisler said. “I have shared it with friends who have slightly paler skin than me, and it worked for them too.”