Fall brings school spirit, fashion rules to CHS

With the fall months here, students all around school can be seen rocking different CHS-associated, fall-appropriate clothing and gear.
Every season comes with a whole new set of “do’s” and “don’ts” by which all must abide. Well, mazel tov readers, you have just turned to the first edition of “Charles Cook’s Essential Fall Fashion Guide,” aimed at those interested in joining the CHS apparel bandwagon.

1. Never overload on CHS-associated gear.

Even though that “super fan” T-shirt may seem tempting, it would not look good with CHS sweatpants. An overload on CHS gear signifies two things about the wearer: one, that looking good is not important, and two, that they have school spirit sweating out of their pores. Although school spirit is never a bad thing, you don’t ever want to let the administration know that you’re content with being at school, a generally dreadful and horrific place.

2. NEVER wear an athletic piece of clothing associated with a CHS sport that you do not play.
I experienced the negative effects of breaking this rule first hand when I decided to sport my Girls JV volleyball t-shirt on the first week of school. “What could go wrong?” I thought. Many things, I discovered, much to my displeasure.  Let’s just say, unless a barrage of screaming freshman girls telling you to stop falsely representing their team with your sub-par volleyball skills is your idea of a bubble bath, never break this cardinal rule.

3. Stay updated with CHS gear.

Don’t be that guy who walks into his first period class wearing his brother’s 2003 CHS lacrosse shirt. Unless you actually play lacrosse, this is a quick violation of not one , but two rules (see rule #2). Violation of this rule not only shows an accepted and appreciated attempt by Mom to save money with the ol’ ”hand-me-down” method, it shows you aren’t even your own person. High school is where people begin to define and find out who they really are, and this tends to be difficult walking in the footsteps, or in this case, the  XL t-shirt, of your alumnus brother. This problem can be easily solved with frequent trips to the school store, located right outside the cafeteria.Well there you have it, CHS. After reading this article, you are now fully prepared to roam the hallways confidently sporting your brand new (see rule # 3) CHS gear without the fear of looking more confused than a prepubescent boy who just sprouted his first armpit hair.

Well there you have it, CHS. After reading this article, you are now fully prepared to roam the hallways confidently sporting your brand new (see rule # 3) CHS gear without the fear of looking more confused than a prepubescent boy who just sprouted his first armpit hair.