Gusto Farm to Street restaurant attracts CHS students

By Ethan C. Miller, Staff Writer

Gusto Farm to Street, a make-your-own pizza and salad joint, opened in the Westfield Montgomery Mall Food Court Sept 4.

Gusto Farm to Street adds to the lineup of quick options that CHS students can have for lunch on school days. Joining Bethesda Row and Silver Spring, Montgomery Mall will become Gusto Farm to Street’s third location.

“Gusto’s goal is to provide a healthy meal without the wait of a sit down restaurant,” Marketing Director Ashley Keefer said.

With limited time to go out for lunch, many students sometimes must turn to unhealthy options in order to save both time and money. However, Gusto Farm to Streets offers healthy choices for just under ten dollars.

“Gusto appeals to CHS students by offering fast, healthy pizzas and salads at the perfect price point,” Keefer said. “We understand students have a limited time frame for lunch, so we pride ourselves on offering a delicious meal that will get you back to class on time.”

If their make-your-own pizza is not unique enough, the restaurant also offers cauliflower and black bean pizza crusts in addition to traditional and whole grain. Their food is not only adventurous and organic, but award winning as well. Their cuisine earned them “Bethesda Best Bite 2016” at the Taste of Bethesda festival. Additionally, the cauliflower crust won the editor’s pick for “Best New Pizza Option” in Bethesda Magazine in January. Healthy foods and good taste do not always come hand-in-hand, but Gusto achieves that challenge.

According to junior Jenny Dalrymple, she likes Gusto Farm to Street because of its good taste and the size of its portions.

The restaurant’s emphasis on ‘Farm to Street’ is crucial to their core. Their proteins are raised hormone and antibiotic free. They also serve gluten-free options and make several items including their juices, teas, salad dressings, cauliflower and black bean pizza crusts and other seasonal menu items in store daily.

“I enjoy good pizza and it was a new pizza place at the mall,” sophomore Dylan Sotnick said. “I love to eat there during lunch because it is a good time to get your mind off school.”

The restaurant has offered CHS students a ten percent discount at the Montgomery Mall location on school days from 11am to 1pm. Enter promo code “CHURCHILL” when placing a pickup order on the Gusto Farm to Street app to get the discount.