What’s Trending This Month

What’s trending this month: November 2013

The Marshall Mathers LP II

Eminem’s eighth studio album, The Marshall Mathers LP II, was released Nov. 5.  Preceded by singles “Berzerk,” “Survival,” “Rap God” and “The Monster,” it debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 and #1 on iTunes.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Gamers are thrilled about the release of the 10th installment in the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Ghosts, which came out Nov. 5 for the Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.  The game follows a U.S. Special Operations unit called the Ghosts as they fight to liberate a post-nuclear Southwest U.S. from a coalition of South American countries known as the Federation.  The multiplayer game features the return of several modes from the Modern Warfare series, including Team Deathmatch, where two teams of four attempt to take down one another 75 times; Kill Confirmed, where teams must pick up dog tags over the bodies of fallen foes, and Domination, where teams must control flag sites.

The Yeezus Tour

Kanye West recently began his first solo concert tour in five years: the Yeezus Tour.  Featuring songs from throughout his career, the tour kicked off on Oct. 19 and continues through Dec. 7. Kanye’s tour stopped in D.C. at the Verizon Center Nov. 21.  Fellow rappers Kendrick Lamar, E-40, Travi$ Scott and Pusha T are featured acts.

Rainbow Loom Bracelets

Rubber band bracelets have recently taken up residence on many students’ wrists around the school.  Each bracelet is made from tiny multicolored rubber bands, which are strung together on a grid of plastic pegs called a rainbow loom.

Thor: The Dark World

Students are flocking to theaters to view the spectacle that is Thor: The Dark World, sequel to Thor.  Marvel’s latest offering premiered Nov. 8 and features the return of Chris Hemsworth as the title character, Natalie Portman as love interest Jane Foster and Tom Hiddleston as a changed Loki.  The movie focuses on the return of the Dark Elves who attempt to destroy the universe using a weapon called Aether and Thor’s attempt to stop them with the help of Foster and Loki.