What’s Trending This Month

What Would Ryan Lochte Do?—This reality show on E! chronicles the life of Olympic gold medalist Ryan Lochte as he trains, parties and spends time with his family. After premiering on April 21, 2013, Lochte’s documentary series left many viewers confused. Lochte, equally famous for his lack of intelligence and his attractiveness, spends much of the show joking around with his family and “Lochterage”—a group of dedicated friends and followers. Lochte’s unique facial expressions and “Lochte-ism” philosophies keep a devoted group of CHS students glued to the show.

Gentlemen by PSY—This new music video released Apr. 12 by Psy features even more catchy singing and awkward dance moves as Psy tries to recreate the fame he received with Gangnam Style. Within its first 24 hours, the song was already setting YouTube records for its sky-rocketing views in 24 hours. Although many claim the song is not as good as Gangnam Style, Gentlemen has faced much more controversy. The lyrics of Gentlemen were called into questions when some believed Psy’s refrain said “Mother father,” while others believed he used profanity.

High-Waisted Shorts—This style rage has taken CHS by storm with all of the warm weather. High-Waisted shorts come in all styles and colors. The most common shorts styles around Churchill are denim cutoffs with pops of color. Other popular styles include bright flashy designs on denim cutoffs, such as American flags. As the weather continues to get warmer, look for more students sporting this 1980s vintage look.

Ender’s Game—After announcing that Orson Scott Card’s bestselling science fiction novel Ender’s Game will be made into a movie by Summit Entertainment, premiering November 1, the movie released sneak previews that have added to the anticipation. Directed by Gavin Hood, the movie stars Asa Butterfield (Ender Wiggin), Ben Kingsley (Mazer Rackham), Harrison Ford (Colonel Graff), Abigail Breslin (Valentine Wiggin) and Hailee Steinfeld (Petra Arkanian). The story takes place in the future at an outer space military training academy that prepares exceptional children to protect Earth against an alien invasion. Many CHS students have read this book and are excited to see it play out on the big screen.

AT&T Commercials—AT&T’s new series of “It’s not complicated” commercials feature adorably hilarious kids who debate the question of whether “more” is indeed “better.” The kids’ complicated, yet simple logic has made viewers laugh and look forward to more. The kids provide random ramblings that have helped AT&T market the idea that even kids can figure out that more coverage is better.