Next year we’re back to the bottom of the food chain

Senior Class of 2010, we have done it. Finally, we can throw our caps in the air (don’t actually do that, you won’t get your diploma). But I am scared for all of us. Next year there will be no senior shirts, we won’t run the parking lots— in fact we won’t run anything. We will be the new kids, the freshmen.

For a lot of seniors’ sakes, I hope that karma doesn’t come back to bite them. If you have mistreated freshman in our school, it may come back around when you are pledging a frat next year.

Don’t get me wrong, you should have enjoyed this. We will not get another opportunity to run the school until senior year of college, and even then, the student body is so vast that we might not be able to be in charge of anything.

We patiently earned the right to be seniors. Everything from skipping class to going out to lunch. But what happens when we go back to being the last priority?

My advice is to lay low. Don’t try to be that obnoxious kid who makes an effort to show everyone how cool he was in high school, or boast that you caught ten touchdowns when you were on junior varsity.
    College is obviously going to be a completely different world, and no matter how many friends or siblings have given you an overview of college life, you never can truly know what it’s like until you enter it yourself.

I have no idea what we are getting ourselves into, I just know that being the freshman Class of 2014 is a lot less cool than being the senior Class of 2010. And we need to realize that next year we will be a lot less cool.

This goes especially to those who seek to partake in Greek life. You will be nothing but a tool, someone used to help others gain entertainment and satisfaction, even if it is at your own expense.
    When it comes to college life, get excited, but only a little bit.