Pep band keeps on drumming

The+CHS+pep+band+will+be+playing+at+six+CHS+basketball+games+this+season.+

Photo By Emiliana Cardinale

The CHS pep band will be playing at six CHS basketball games this season.

By Emiliana Cardinale, Production Editor

The bulldog fight song blasts from the sidelines of a CHS basketball game as the pep band plays to support the team.

Special education paraeducator Bruce Krohmer has brought a drum line and a pep band to CHS basketball games for four of the last five years.  Students looking to support CHS basketball can join again this year.

“I like to support our teams, especially basketball because they don’t get nearly as much support as football and I think they deserve it,” Krohmer said.

While there are no confirmed games for the pep band, the drum line will be playing at six basketball games, three boys’ games and three girls’ games. The dates for these games have yet to be confirmed.

Students interested in the pep band can contact Krohmer or sign-up in the band room or the bridge office, suite 166.

“It’ll be very easy musically,” Krohmer said. “There won’t be a lot of music to read. People who haven’t played much shouldn’t have to worry about that.”

According to Krohmer, being a member of the pep band is a valuable experience because the students can take their skills to college pep bands where many colleges pay the band members.

Members of the pep band get into games for free as well as getting seats that are extremely close to the game itself.

“It’s really exciting because you sit right at the sidelines,” Krohmer said. “We’re involved in the games much closer than the other band.”