Annual Powederpuff game to be held in October

Every year, junior and senior girls compete in the annual Powderpuff football game hoping to gain pride for their respective classes. This year the game has been scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 2 instead of its usual spring date.

The SGA decided to change the Powderpuff date in hopes of boosting school spirit and encouraging more students to get involved.

“We are trying to get as much participation as possible from both players and spectators, so we think having it in the middle of football season will achieve that,” senior class president Amy Dalrymple said.

Additionally, having Powderpuff in the fall would address the issue of “senioritis.”

According to Dalrymple, senioritis was an issue last year due to the lack of seniors present at Powderpuff. Since the game is during the first semester, Dalrymple expects more participation.

Despite changing the date of Powderpuff, the customary rivalry between the junior and senior classes remains.

“I definitely think the seniors will win this year because we are incredibly motivated, and we won last year,” Dalrymple said. “We also have some really athletic girls that help put us on top.”

While the seniors are on a winning streak, junior class president Hana Yen has a different prediction.

“I think the junior class has a great shot at winning because every student is really involved and the 400-plus of us make a great team,” Yen said. “I think everything we have done as a class is a testament to that.”

The classes will have to wait until Oct. 2 to see who will prevail in this year’s Powderpuff game.