Marvel provides another super show

By Fatima Yazdi, Social Media Editor

“The Defenders” is Marvel’s most recent television creation. In the show, four of Marvel’s biggest heroes are each living their own lives and working individually, but all have one common goal in mind: to save New York City.

Matthew Murdock a.k.a Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter) and Danny Rand a.k.a the Iron Fist (Finn Jones) all realize the need one another in order to complete their missions, so they create a team called The Defenders.

“The Defenders is a great show because it displays superheroes facing real world problems, like the poverty gap and corruption” freshman Aamina Dhar said. According to Dhar, she would like to “[see] more character development in regards to them being with more people similar to themselves.”

The Defender’s biggest enemy, the Hand, was an ancient and powerful ninja clan with the ultimate goal to gain immortality. In order for the members of the Hand to reach immortality, they need the Iron Fist to unlock a door put in place by members of K’un-Lun. Until Netflix announces another season, the fans are on edge, waiting for a follow up on the first season.

The word has spread and CHS students have been catching onto the show.

Overall, Matthew Murdock, a.k.a. Daredevil, was the most talked about character. Seasons one and two have been extremely successful since the first episode release Apr. 2015.

“Daredevil is the best developed out of the four defenders,” senior Harry Wang said.“He is a complex character that can make all kinds of people relate to him.”

Though the fans were excited to see the four Defenders come together, they were disappointed to find that the season only has eight episodes, unlike the other Netflix Original Marvel shows, which are 13 episodes.

“Since the show is only eight episodes, it is super fast paced and only acts as sort of an assembling event rather than telling a full story,” Wang said.

According to The New York Times, Marvel has already announced that there is set to be multiple marvel shows ahead.

With all the positive feedback that the show has received, Netflix and Marvel are already speaking of a second season, though it hasn’t been announced yet. It’s up to the fans to decide whether that’ll happen or not.