What’s Trending This Month

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Marvel’s latest film release and sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger is an action-packed blockbuster filled with stunning special effects and an intriguing storyline.  Chris Evans (Fantastic Four, The Avengers) and Scarlett Johannson (The Avengers, Iron Man 2) reprise their roles as Captain America and Black Widow as they work together to prevent the HYDRA organization from destroying S.H.I.E.L.D. from the inside.  The movie came out April 4.  Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a must-see for Marvel fans at CHS.

Samsung Galaxy S5

Samsung’s long-awaited successor to the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be released April 11.  Features of the new phone will include water resistance, new security features, improved build quality and an updated camera.  The new security features include a fingerprint reader and the ability to lock certain applications.  The updated camera enhances photo and video resolution.

#Selfie

American DJ duo The Chainsmokers’ new song, “#Selfie,” is taking over the electronic dance music (EDM) scene.  “#Selfie” capitalizes on the trending use of the word which describes taking pictures of one’s self and includes spoken word verses between bouncing instrumentals. The song’s video has also gone viral, with 42 million views on YouTube as of April 1.

The Elder Scrolls Online

The developers of the popular The Elder Scrolls franchise released The Elder Scrolls Online April 4.  The Elder Scrolls Online is a massive multiplayer online role-playing video game set on Tamriel, the continent from the other The Elder Scrolls games.  The events of the story are nonlinear and take place 1,000 years before the previous game, the immensely popular The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

2048

The increasingly popular mobile game developed by 19-year-old Italian Gabriele Cirulli has rapidly spread throughout CHS in a matter of days.  The goal is to slide tiles on a grid and combine them to create a tile with the number 2048.  The game has been compared to Flappy Bird because of its rapid rise to success and because both apps are adaptions of previous ideas.