What’s Trending This Month

One Direction Album:

The boys are back! A week after its album was accidently leaked, One Direction released Midnight Memories Nov. 25, much to the delight of 1-D fanatics. It became the fastest-selling album of 2013 with 237,000 copies sold in its first week. The album includes 14 catchy pop-rock songs. Best-selling songs and CHS favorites include “Story of my Life” and “Best Song Ever.”

Quiz Up:

Students cannot get enough of the new app QuizUp. Played by over 3 million people worldwide, the app test players on a variety of subjects, from birds to animated movies to the Lakers. QuizUp also allows players to challenge friends or random opponents.

Sharkeisha:

Students were shocked and confused by the viral video of a teenage girl named Sharkeisha brutally beating up a classmate Sha’Michael Manuel, supposedly over a boy. The video, while wildly popular, has received mixed views due to its violence. Sharkeisha has become a hot search on Google and has become the subject of Internet memes. Sharkeisha was arrested Thursday, Dec. 5 on charges of assault with bodily injury.

Brooklyn Nine-N ine:

Students love Fox’s new hit comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The show follows a diverse group of New York detectives as they humorously solve crimes. The cast includes many notoriously funny actors, among them Andy Samberg (Saturday Night Live,) Terry Crews (White Chicks,) and Fred Armisen (Anchorman).

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug:

Those who like to say they hail from Middle Earth celebrated this month with the latest installment of the Hobbit Trilogy, Desolation of Smaug. Director Peter Jackson’s latest movie follows the adventure of the hobbit Bilbo Baggins, Martin Freeman (Sherlock), as he helps a group of dwarfs destroy the evil dragon Smaug and reclaim their home. The movie soared to the number one box office spot, earning $73.7 million. The last Hobbit movie is set to be relased in 2014.