Girls Basketball

The girls varsity basketball team looks to return to the playoffs once again after its first round defeat last season. CHS went 17-6 in the regular season and dominated with winning records both at home and away.

The success of the Bulldogs largely comes from their core of young players who have had varsity experience including juniors Jupria Karim-Duvall and Isabella Wu and sophomore Nicole Brodkowitz.

According to head coach Katelyn McMahon, seniors such as Alex Votaw and Ashlee Zhang also provide leadership and experience to the team, leading to great expectations for the upcoming season.

“We have a small, but dedicated senior class,” McMahon said. “Senior Alex Votaw is a strong leader for the team and was an excellent defensive spark for the team last year. She has also improved her offensive skill set and shooting range, which will definitely help the team this year.”

According to Votaw, the team needs to work on making sure that “everyone feels involved,” and increasing team spirit. If they can accomplish this, there is confidence within the Lady Bulldogs that the team’s strong team chemistry can help lead them to a deep playoff run.

“I think we could be at least the regional champions,” Votaw said. “Our team will have a lot better team chemistry this year because so far everyone is getting along really well.”