Unwind with B.A.S.I.C.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ (B.A.S.I.C.) is a club for students looking to expand their Christian religion. The club, led by senior Jesse Wu, meets weekly to talk about issues in school and to pray with one another.

“Mostly, every Friday after school [B.A.S.I.C.] gathers, worships and sings songs,” teacher and sponsor Rebecca Krichinsky said.

B.A.S.I.C. formed in 1990, and just four years ago switched sponsors to Krichinsky.

“One of my cheerleaders came to me and said they didn’t have a sponsor,” Krichinsky said. “Any time students want to begin something I’d love to help them out.”

B.A.S.I.C. holds different events during the school year, apart from their weekly meetings.

According to Wu, B.A.S.I.C. takes part in a nationwide event called “See You at the Pole.” This takes place at the beginning of the school year when Christian students from all around the country meet by a flagpole one morning to pray for their problems.

“B.A.S.I.C. is a club where the students of CHS can come and unwind after a long hard week of school,” Wu said. “We pray, sing songs of worship and read and talk about the Bible and how we can apply its teachings to our own lives. We build each other up and encourage each other.”