Breast cancer awareness assembly held this month

A breast cancer assembly will be held for all junior and senior girls March 10 after third period.

The assembly will have an informative and persuasive presentation to raise awareness for breast cancer.

Junior Ben Kramer helped organize the assembly.

“Last year I introduced a project to Key Club about raising money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation,” Kramer said. “This assembly stemmed from this project, but it also is a direct result of our school nurse, Ms. Stapleton, and our principal, Dr. Benz, each of whom have been committed to this since the day I brought the idea to them.”

Kramer has known people who have been diagnosed with cancer, and he feels that it is his responsibility to help support this cause.

Sue Ellen Kelly, a CHS alumni and breast cancer survivor, will share her experience. Additionally, staff from the Suburban Hospital’s “Check it Out” program will hold a question and answer session along with a speech on cancer awareness and prevention.

“Breast Cancer awareness and prevention information is the first step towards combating the disease,” Kramer said. “It is a step we can and must all take. I want this issue to bring students at our school together to achieve a common goal of doing all that can be done to stop this devastating disease.”