Do teachers have lives? They do! They certainly do!

When last bell rings and students rush out to catch the bus and start their afternoon, teachers calmly wait in their classrooms for the chaos to cease. But what do teachers do once they leave the building?
Some teachers have surprising hobbies and lead lives dedicated to their families.
Modern World History teacher Arthur Bescher combines his passion for travel with his love of photography.
“The day after school ends I leave to Bristol, England where I have friends and family,” Bescher said. “I live there for the summer and visit every Christmas or October.”
Bescher also makes shorter trips to indulge in his love for photography.
“Almost every Saturday, I do a day trip and take pictures,” Bescher said. “I load [the pictures] to my Apple computer and edit. It takes hours and hours —I’m a perfectionist.”
English teacher Kevin Brown takes a more low-key approach to his non-CHS life. He likes to come home from a school day and relax by playing his guitar.
“I got my guitar in 10th grade for Christmas, and I have been playing ever since,” Brown said.
Math teacher Curtis Southworth spends his afternoons chauffeuring his two sons to sport practices and music lessons.
“I’m like the typical soccer mom,” Southworth said.
However, Southworth’s kids don’t prevent him from having hobbies. He teaches himself to play tenor sax in his spare time.
“It would be a fun future goal to play with the pep band at a football game,” Southworth said. “Mr. Sanz gave me some sheet music to learn, but I have to practice more before I’m ready.”
Computer Programming teacher Hadley Steelman spends her out-of-school time cooking and gardening.
“It’s very calming [to stand] in my kitchen, chopping and mixing ingredients,” Steelman said. “Gardening, too, is very relaxing, just sitting there playing in the dirt.”
Social studies teacher Christopher Forney runs after school about three days a week for exercise and to get some peace of mind.
“Running is a way for me to stay fit,” Forney said. “I used to play basketball regularly when I was younger, but now [I don’t] play as much, and weights bore me. Running is a way for me to clear my head.”
Teachers have lives outside of school that can be surprising. The next time you go in for lunch help,  ask the teacher about him or herself. What you hear might be suprising.