October Playlist of the Month

“That Ain’t Me”- Lil’ Wayne featuring Jay Sean

Lil’ Wayne abandons his “rock” sound on this track from his new album, I Am Not A Human Being. Returning to the style of his Tha Carter III days (think “Mr. Carter”), the rapper, who pairs up with pop sensation Jay Sean, sticks to his quick wit over a beat free of guitars and synthesizers.

“The Best Day”- Atmosphere

The Minneapolis rapper excels at his storytelling yet again in this track on his latest EP. “The Best Day” is a ballad etched with wisdom on how to make the best out of a bad day. Listen to this upbeat song when bogged down by homework or tedious college applications.

“Don’t Turn the Lights On”-Chromeo

Electrofunk duo Chromeo adds a funky feel to their new album Business Casual with their title “Don’t Turn the lights On.” Straying away from their usual satire-like songs, the ultra low voices and catchy lyrics of this soon to be dance hit, will attract a new group of listeners.

“Pearl”- Katy Perry

Unlike her usual edgy pop songs, “Pearl,” emphasizes Perry’s mesmerizing voice and slow tempo that will keep listeners wanting more. Perry’s new album offers original upbeat songs, but this love-sick ballad adds versatility to Teenage Dream.

“Notice Me” – Alexa Ray Joel

Songstress Alexa Ray Joel follows in her father, Billy Joel’s footsteps as her pursuit in the music industry grows exponentially. Invading the Top 40 Playlists, Joel’s quirky lyrics and simple beats of “Notice Me” will hopefully insure a career as successful as her father’s.