Freshmen girl trio wins Churchill’s Got Talent

This year’s Churchill’s Got Talent winners were Donna Dadkhoo, Frannie Phillips and Ellie Lavery. These three talented freshmen have never formally been taught how to sing, but have each spent countless hours rehearsing their vocal talents in the shower. Whether with friends, family or complete strangers, they have used their unique vocal abilities to set themselves apart. The Observer sat down with these girls to get to know them better.

What’s the name of your group?

We don’t really have one. We kind of just go by Frannie, Ellie and Donna. But we were thinking about The FED.

How long have you guys been together?

We’re in the same friend group, and when we heard about the show, we just decided to get together. We only practiced for a week and a half. We met at Donna’s house mostly, and Frannie at four fiber bars, two bowls of Persian soup, half of a Persian pizza, some Persian cookies and grapes. We met five times for about an hour.

How long have you guys been learning?

As Selena Gomez said, ‘Everything comes naturally.’ Donna has been playing guitar since the seventh grade, but we mostly just sing in the shower.

What inspired you to choose these songs (“Cooler Than Me” and “You and I”) for the show?

Frannie picked “You and I,” and the first one all of us liiked it, so we picked that.

Were you nervous before you performed?

Oh yes, definitely. We thought that Isabella would win. We thought that Isabella would win. We didn’t even think we would place. We just wanted to make it through the song without messing up. Our performance was the first time we played it without messing up.

How did you feel when you won?

We were in schock, but afterwards we were grateful and really excited.

What are your plans for the future?

We just want to make it through high school, not die. Next year, we want to be comedians. But actually, we will probably stay together. Maybe we’ll get some gigs.