Veronica Mars gives tips for weekend fun

While CHS is all about overachieving academically, weekends are about letting loose and having fun. But, good decision making is an essential part of having an exciting time while being safe.

House parties are the most common place where friends meet up to socialize. Make sure you have a plan: a designated place to sleep, a ride and a quick escape if a party goes bad.

Things tend to get boring, especially in Potomac, where students have a lot of free time on their hands.

We live so close to the nation’s capital yet we do not take full advantage of it. Head down to D.C. on a weather – permitting day to explore the museums, galleries or even the National Zoo.

Going to the C&O canal and hiking on the Billy Goat trail is a perfect way to exercise with your family and friends while enjoying the lovely scenery.

Concerts have always been around, but Electronic Dance Music (EDM) has recently become more popular and mainstream. These rave scene concerts and festivals are fun to attend, and they allow you to express yourself by dressing up in the most colorful and exotic clothing. The music and visuals are insane.

Mix it up and go out of the box by exploring the college scene. Head on over to visit College Park, especially if you have a good friend who goes to the University of Maryland. The best way to have a good time is to blend in with the college scene.

Friend groups are who you’re going to travel around with throughout all of high school. Make sure you have a steady group of friends who love excitement but are also responsible and won’t cause unnecessary drama. It’s always good to be a leader, not a follower.

Throughout my high school career I have learned several lessons pertaining to having fun.  I hope that these quick insights provide a better understanding of how to be a respectful, fun and responsible teenager.  I hope all the underclassman have many memorable experiences just as I did. Remember that it is not where you are, but what you make of it that makes any dull and boring situation a lasting and exhilarating experience.  Cherish all the moments you are given and always make your mark. Do not leave high school unnoticed.

These are only a few ways to have a thrilling high school experience. As long as you stick to a few safety guidelines and are quick on your feet in intense situations, you will surely be able to have fun and be an outgoing student, ready for any challenge that comes your way.