Always do the right thing

If I wrote down all of the lessons I have learned from CHS, my list would never end. So instead, I have picked the lesson I think is the most important one: always do the right thing.

No matter how big or small, a good deed will never go unrewarded.

Throughout your high school life, there will be plenty of situations you are in where the majority of people will make the wrong decision based on what others do. Instead of following the majority, be your own person and do what you think is right.

By the end of your senior year you will begin to realize that the time you have left with your classmates is getting shorter every day, and there is no need to create unnecessary drama.

In order to make your senior year the best, you should try to make the best decisions that will benefit you as well as your peers.

Planning activities where different groups of friends are invited makes the event so much more fun because people who do not usually hang out with each other will all be together. This does not mean inviting the entire grade to your house, but inviting your friends who are in a few different groups will make an ordinary hangout a lot more interesting.

The end of senior year is mainly focused on activities as a class, which makes it all the more memorable.

You do not want to finish high school with any regrets, so have fun during your second semester especially, but be careful not to do something that you feel guilty about later.

Additionally, you should try and help out your friends as much as you can, since you will not be with them after this year. You want to stay close to most of your friends after high school, and the best way to do that is to be a true friend to them in every way you can.

Although sometimes you may feel like you do things for others and get nothing in return, sure enough, you will find that good things will happen to you if you choose to do the right thing.

Whether it is your future you are looking out for, or your friends, making a smart decision will always have its rewards.

Do not take any moment for granted in high school. Although now you may feel like you want to rush through it and be done as fast as you can, cherish every minute, because once it is all over you will wish you could go back.

Finally, make sure you keep a close group of friends who you know will always be there for you, and do not let anyone else have a say in the decisions you make. Four quarters will always be better than 100 pennies.