Bucket list gives senior year new purpose

Not to brag, but I have already accomplished more in my storied high school career than most ever will. I spent a year parading around as the school mascot, I “unofficially” finished second in the Mr. Churchill beauty pageant and I was even lucky enough to grab one of those super fan shirts cheerleaders throw out at football games.

However, my list of achievements is far from complete. I mapped out 10 dubious tasks I hope to achieve to by the end of the year, and I encourage readers to do the same.

1. Attend a volleyball game-– The Oct. 28 game against Wootton is circled on my calendar.
  2.  Check out a book from the library– This one has been on my list since freshman year, but the library still scares me.
  3. Complete the Philly Cheese Steak Challenge– A daunting challenge that all seniors should at least attempt to complete. The task is simple: be at school for the first bell, leave, make the journey to Philly to buy a cheesesteak and return by seventh period.
  4. Outdo Felipe Ros’ 2010 Homecoming- Let’s just say, I’m going for double digits.
  5. Establish a nickname for myself- The leading candidates right now are “Vanilla Thunder” and “Big Daddy.”
  6.  Partake in a Churchill/Wootton battle royal- Any man who wants to be considered a real Bulldog needs to help our side at least once. I plan on starting this after the Wootton-Churchill volleyball game. Be there.
  7. Win Mr. Churchill- Last year the fix was in, and I did not bring the crown home. Expect things to be different this year.
  8. Mastermind a senior prank- Class of 2012, our legacy can be to bring this back. If Ms. Brandes or any other administrator is reading this, it is just a joke. Don’t look at me when you come to school one Monday and there are 10,000 cups of water scattered in the Bulldog lobby.
  9. Be named Prom King- Especially tricky because CHS does not have a Prom King, but that will not stop me.
  10. Order a pizza to my fifth period- When the delivery guy knocks on the class door and says he has a meatlovers for Big Daddy, I will proudly stand up, pay the man and indulge while everyone watches.

I know this list looks daunting, and it could bring a lesser man down. I know my haters will look at this list and exclaim “He’d be lucky to complete three of those,” but that will not stop me. I have my list, and I will check everything off, and I encourage all my loyal followers to do the same.