Boys tennis undefeated

With an undefeated 8-0 record, the CHS boys tennis team is the most successful school team this year.

The Bulldogs defeated Magruder 6-1 April 20, winning all three doubles matches and three of  four singles matches.

The team is younger than in the past years. Sophomore captain Matt Fine, sophomore William Szamosszegi, junior captain Michael Gauch, and junior Kevin Chen have dominated play in singles this year after the graduation of number one singles player Kevin Chu.

“We‘re still getting ourselves situated with each other,” coach Benjamin Woods said. “Our intrasqaud play is still improving.”

Although the team has been performing well, the doubles lineups are being shuffled in order to find the perfect combinations.

“This was our first year in a while with young doubles teams, and they never played together before, so this isn’t something we have had to deal with,” Woods said.

According to Gauch, the April 12 Whitman match was the toughest of the season because the Vikings have an extremely talented singles player. Gauch was able to come from behind in order to defeat him.

“It will be really fun to see how good everyone is,” Fine said. “We’re only going to get better and next year will probably be our strongest year.”