Golf endures poor showing at counties

The golf team came in second to last place out of eight teams at the County Scramble Oct. 17. Senior Philip Ahn came in first place with a 73 at a County Invitational Oct. 14, and the team came in second place at Districts Sept. 28 four shots behind Whitman.

At the Sept. 28 meet, Ahn shot a 77, freshman Louis Dubick shot a 79, junior Zach Satin shot an 85, freshman Brandon Levenson shot an 87, and freshman Jack Brinkman shot an 88.

“We can say that we left some shots out there, but I am sure that Whitman could say the same thing,” senior captain Brandon Fisher said. 

The team is now preparing for States at the end of October. The final tournament, at the College Park golf course, will provide the Bulldogs with a chance to end the 2011 season on a high note.

“I would like to see the individuals do well at both the Invitational and at the States,” coach Michael Fisher said. “The States are at the end of October and we are looking for the team to finish in the top three.”

Some team members believe that team bonding will be very important during the post season in order to motivate each other to perform well.

“We could improve on being better teammates and supporting each other,” Dubick said.

According to Dubick, coach Fisher provides moral support in order to encourage his team do well. States will be no exception.

“I try to encourage the team by having them remember their past successes,” coach Fisher said. “Golf is all about confidence. If you are confident and believe in yourself, you will perform at your best and the outcome will be justified.”