Don’t growl at Tiger; it’s his choice to prowl

Don’t hate him because he makes absurd amounts of money. Don’t hate him because he was married to the hottest girl on the planet and still found it necessary to cheat with other super hot girls. Don’t hate him because one of those other super hot girls was a former adult actress. Hate him because he can’t be beat. Hate him because despite everything else, he still is, and shall always be remembered as the best to grace the dance floor.

Tiger Woods did wrong, that is for certain. He laughed in the face of marriage and forever scarred his children by committing adultery. Furthermore, he thoroughly embarrassed himself through his excessive, sexually charged, and often violent text messages. Yet, despite the fact that everything the man did was multiplied on an incomprehensible scale by the media, and that for awhile he could do no right in the public eye, Tiger is back in action and in full swing.

Tying for fourth place at the recent Masters Tournament at Augusta, Tiger proved just how unrelenting of a force he is in the golf world. While all of his opponents were out practicing their game for the tournament, Tiger was trying to cope with the collective assault mounted against after his most personal information was displayed for the world to see.

Remember that time you got caught cheating or flirting with someone else and about five people got on your case about it and you felt destroyed? The drama Tiger had to deal with was similar to this, but merely 5 billion times worse.

Despite it all, Tiger managed to come in fourth place at a tournament reserved for only the best of the best. Tiger ousted men who had focused exclusively on this occasion for months, having to deal with the mental without distractions caused by trifling mistresses and an enraged wife and family. The best part about it all: that look of utter disappointment and shame on Tiger’s face as he finished the tournament tied at fourth place. Tiger didn’t come to Augusta to show he still has it, he came to win. This wasn’t a comeback, for the man never left. Expect to see some major wins in the future.

To all the critics out there, shut your freaking pie holes. Tiger screwed up, sure, but no more than a million other men have in the history of the world. Tiger did something wrong but the fact is, he did it in his personal life. Perhaps if Tiger had publicly cheated with all those women on a golf course we would have a right to be infuriated, but the fact is Tiger entered the spotlight for no other reason besides his skill as a golf player. Tiger is famous because he plays golf and it is what he does on the golf course that matters, end of story.

View Comments (1)