Senior DiFato crowned Mr. Churchill, Szafran’s head shaved

Senior Thomas DiFato was crowned Mr. Churchill 2010 in the school’s annual male beauty pageant held March 18 in the auditorium.

After interviewing 20 senior and junior CHS boys, the SGA narrowed down the list to seniors Bryce Shemer, Daniel Duffin, Eddy Shiang, Josh Simon, Liam Regan and DiFato, and juniors Eli Gurwitz and Leo Wang.

The show, hosted by 2009 Mr. Churchill winner Brian Sun and junior Alex Levenson, included various components, including a group dance number, talent show, formal wear competition, question and answer and pick-up line competition.

Leading up to the show, students were able to participate in the Shaved Head contest by donating money to the coin jugs outside the main office. AP Statistics teacher Douglas Szafran had the most money in his jug and had his head shaved during Mr. Churchill. Students were also able to participate by purchasing team spirit shirts for each Mr. Churchill contestant.

The money raised from the Shaved Head contest, spirit shirts and Mr. Churchill tickets will go to Save the Children.

“Everyone in the SGA worked really hard to put on this show,” SGA president Meenu Singh said. “We’re really happy that we were able to give so much money for Save the Children.”