The ‘Observer’ splashes around in local pools

During summer, many people enjoy spending lazy days relaxing at the pool but are not sure which public pool is best. The Observer takes a peek at the top local pools.

Seven Locks

Located off Seven Locks road near Seven Locks Elementary, this pool displays quality friendly neighborhood gatherings, along with its large well and swimming pool. However, it is often plagued by thunderous, rowdy infants.
“The people are awesome,” lifeguard sophomore Joe Byrne said. “[But] there’s only one diving board so you have to wait in line a lot.”

Regency Estates

Located down the road from CHS on Gainsborough, Regency is equipped with a ping pong table, a good high dive and steady diving boards, a basketball court, large kid slides, and many member activities such as community meals. Apart from its strict lifeguarding and often swarming crowd, Regency is a great choice.

“They always do games in the pool,” five-year pool member sophomore Alex Dourian said. “It has sick diving boards and the basketball court and ping pong are really fun.”

Country Glen

This pool, located on Glen Road, is one of the most popular pools in the county. Due to its strong swim and dive team, along with its good location, its quality diving boards and deep well, Country Glen is often packed with members. Country Glen is a family-friendly pool and it has many movie nights and parties for the holidays.
“I go to the pool literally every day in the summer, I basically live there,” nine-year pool member sophomore Chris Wysocki said.

Eldwick

Located off Bells Mill Road near Cabin John Middle School, this pool offers a basketball court with lights and relaxed lifeguards. One large critique of the pool is that it is fairly small, and therefore gets packed easily.
“The pool is kind of small,” five-year-pool member senior Jorge Pacheco said. “[When] it’s really hot out tons of people come.”

Tally-Ho